Conference Day One: Monday, 17 September 2018
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and coffee
8:30 am - 8:50 am Chairman’s welcome
8:50 am - 10:00 am Business transformation with effective cloud ERP, EPM and BPM
Curated breakfast briefing
- How to leverage cloud solutions and business intelligence to support business strategy and drive results
- How can these solutions be deployed to create value?
- Eradicate silos to deliver full end-to-end visibility
Achieving operational excellence in today’s tech-disruptive landscape
10:00 am - 10:30 am C-suite panel: Continuous improvement, strategy alignment and process automation as pillars of operational excellence in a 4.0 eraIan Ohan - Founder and CEO Freedom Pizza, UAE
Dr. Ayesha Almutawa - Chief Innovation Officer Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE
Zubair Ahmed - Chief Information Officer Emirates Islamic, UAE
Zarrar Khan - Chief Technology Officer VIVA Kuwait
- Getting OPEX right from ideation to execution of organisational strategy
- Discussing is the main challenge in operational excellence in today’s digital transformation era
- Defining the future of OPEX and establishing parametres
- Getting buy-in across the organisation
Dr. Ayesha AlmutawaChief Innovation Officer
Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE
Zubair AhmedChief Information Officer
Emirates Islamic, UAE
Zarrar KhanChief Technology Officer
Ian OhanFounder and CEO
Freedom Pizza, UAE
10:30 am - 10:50 am Keynote: Operational Excellence in the Middle East: Where it is and where it’s headedDr. Ahmad Al-Nuseirat - Coordinator General Dubai Government Excellence Program, UAE
The aim of OPEX is to drive efficiency, however the challenge in organisations is:
- Aligning strategy and execution
- What stage is your OPEX programme?
- How will we measure value of money spent on OPEX initiatives?
- Are we still talking change management?
Dr. Ahmad Al-NuseiratCoordinator General
Dubai Government Excellence Program, UAE
10:50 am - 11:20 am Regional spotlight: Getting OPEX right!Ali Al Jassim - Chief Executive Officer Etihad ESCO, UAE
How Etihad utilised operational excellence frameworks that triggered global fame in energy efficiency
Ali Al JassimChief Executive Officer
Etihad ESCO, UAE
11:20 am - 11:50 am Speed networking: Make sure you head to the interactive story board on the exhibition floor
11:50 am - 12:20 pm Informal discussions and coffee break
Adopting an agile operational framework: Exclusive international perspective
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm Keynote: Lessons from the manufacturing sector on how to scale operationsJesper Touboel - Vice President of Elements and Moulds LEGO Group, Denmark
- Utilising IoT to take performance and efficiency to next levels
- Insights on how big data can reveal new patterns and less unknown unknowns
- Organisational impact and capabilities needed
Jesper TouboelVice President of Elements and Moulds
LEGO Group, Denmark
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm The Google approach: Implementing technology to deliver maximum ROI in a rapidly evolving business environmentSameer Rane - Sales Operations and Strategy Manager, Nordics and Benelux Google, Ireland
- Understand how to create engagement with cross-functional teams with different incentive mechanisms
- Developing strategic relationships with clients to drive business performance
- Re-evaluating sales skills in the light of product roadmap being impacted by constant technological innovations
- Successfully setting up actionable KPIs to deliver ROI on OPEX initiatives
Sameer RaneSales Operations and Strategy Manager, Nordics and Benelux
OPEX meets technology and innovation
1:10 pm - 1:20 pm Case study: Re-engineering existing businesses processes with technology for efficiencySteve Snowdon - Head of Lean Mashreq Bank, UAE
- Exclusive insight into how Mashreq is combining lean with agile and robotics to drive greater efficiency
- Implementing agile techniques for process improvement in tightened regulatory environment
Steve SnowdonHead of Lean
Mashreq Bank, UAE
1:20 pm - 1:50 pm Evaluating the right technology to gain end-to-end visibility With so many innovative technologies for various functions, how can organisations decide on the right platform?
- What technology did you implement to transform your client’s business?
- What were the results?
1:50 pm - 2:50 pm Lunch and networking break
Combining enterprise business transformation with OPEX strategy
2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Choose between the 1-to-1 nook sessions or a master class
A. OPEX 4.0 nook mentoring sessions
Get an exclusive 1-to-1 opportunity to interact with experts on critical challenges facing your OPEX journey. Each nook session will accommodate a maximum of 5 individuals to sit with thought-leaders. RSVP today to reserve your place. Participation is on a first-come first-served basis.
Nook A2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Get an in-depth perspective on how big data can aid in identifying core business areas to digitise and automate
Led by LEGO’s Jesper Touboel, Vice President of Elements and Moulds
Nook B2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Ranked no.1 startup in the Middle East, Fetchr’s Director of business excellence will share how aligning technology, process and people can drive business excellence
Nook C2:50 pm - 3:30 pm How do you measure performance and ROI? In this 1-1 session Sameer Rane from Google will explain how you can benchmark and create actionable KPIs
Nook D2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Understand how lean can play a part in operations from Volvo’s Global Lean Manager
B. Master class: Combining lean and agile principles with RPA
2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Key learning outcomes of this master class include:Steve Snowdon - Head of Lean Mashreq Bank, UAE
- Should your organisation adopt RPA to aid its OPEX journey?
- How does RPA affect processes in an organisation?
- What parts of existing process are ready for automation
Steve SnowdonHead of Lean
Mashreq Bank, UAE
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Focused panel: GE’s operational excellence strategy (big picture) and evolution from 2012
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Keynote: Business transformations with innovative mindset across the enterprise to stay relevantShahid Ahmed Osmani - Senior Consultant IT Unit The General Secretariat of the Executive Council of Dubai, UAE
In 2017, the Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council issued the Executive Council Resolution No. (48), the Dubai Government Services Costing Manual. The Resolution seeks to provide smart systems to optimise cost across government agencies. Hear from the lead author of the costing manual on how the initiative has transformed government agencies including how business transformation often requires outlining a company wide enterprise strategy and team alignment to drive performance.
Shahid Ahmed OsmaniSenior Consultant IT Unit
The General Secretariat of the Executive Council of Dubai, UAE